Monday, May 5, 2008

The Joys of Addons, Glasses and TV

Hello!

Firstly, I have my glasses! Everything looks amazingly clear and...and...well, let me put it this way. think about a imperfectly tuned, slightly fuzzy analogue television. Now think about a giant plasma on a crystal clear High Definition channel. It's great! It's amazing! I've always been able to read, but now I have far less headaches, and measuring for TAFE and my art have all improved. I'm stoked!

Also. I upgraded to Ubuntu Hardy Herron. It's pretty cool. In fact, it's awesome!! I have scribeFire working with blogger through FireFox, which is also awesome. I love it!

I was just watching this thing about the Most Hated Family in America.They're pretty much a text-book cult. I can't believe it. They've taken an ounce of truth and torn it to shreds, twisted and warped it and made it completely unrecognisable and ...anti-everything that Christianity is founded upon (being God's love, mercy and grace). There's never a mention of Jesus. They're driving people away. Homosexuality may be a sin, but does God say "Thou shalt cast fire and brimstone upon thine sinful neighbour?" No! Au contraire. He says, "Love your neighbour as yourself." It's up to God to bring change to someone's heart: no matter how much we want to, we can't. The only thing we can do is live by grace and love and be like a light in the darkness. God's rules were set down to keep us healthy on the outside and pure and clean on the inside. If everyone followed the rules, it would be a much happier world. Leiderlich, this is not the case.

Anyway, back on topic. I feel sorry for the kids in that family who have grown up in that very closed-in society with that one opinion pummelled into them every day. Some people may say the same about me. However, I have made my decision on what I believe out of personal experience, as well as some study. I listen to other people's opinions and don't instantly trash them if they're different to mine. You can learn so much from listening to other people, as well sa gain a better understanding of the world you live in. One more thing that needs to be clear: you don't inherit a relationship with Jesus, you make it yourself.

Well, I need sleep. It's late-ish. All this bossing about of blog readers has made me tired.

Love, Elise
xoxo

No comments: