Friday, April 18, 2008

"I can see clearly now.."

This is my first ever Blogger Blog.
So, hello!

I figure that the best time to start afresh with a blog was when something changes in your life. After all a blog which starts with "Um, hello. My name Is Aluicious Montflormony and this is my blog...that is all" does not look particularly exciting or interesting. Unless you really are called Aluicious Montflormony, which is pretty cool. Blogs should start with births, deaths, marriages, finishing school, starting school. That kind of thing...milestones in one's life. Well, what is my milestone?

It's too late to say that it's my final year of school, as that started about three months ago, now. Turning 18 is still several months away, so it's not that either. Oh, I might as well tell you now...I'm getting glasses! I'm very excited because my worldview is (quite literally) about to change dramatically. I will hopefully have them by this coming Tuesday.

When I tried those lenses on and looked around the optometrist's room, I couldn't believe it. It was like the transition from analogue TV to High Definition (a transition which I am going to understand a whole lot more, now that I will be able to see things clearer). My mum says that the easiest way to clean the house for her is to take her glasses off. That way, she doesn't see the crumbs and dust on the kitchen floor or the cobwebs in the corner of the carport. She still knows they're there, though, and it bothers her, so she puts her glasses back on and cleans.

Pondering this me sent me into deep and meaningful territory: thinking about how it is that once you put glasses on, the way you see the world is changed forever. When you're not wearing glasses, you know that the way you are seeing things is distorted. When you put them on again, you can see things sharper; you can see the distinct and clear difference between one thing and another - much clearer than you used to. Like in life. When you learn something new, or when you discover a new life-changing truth, for instance, you see every aspect of your life a whole lot clearer. You can see what is right with it and wrong with it, and if you take the glasses off, you still know that there's crumbs all over your floor and cobwebs in the corner. /d&m

Getting glasses may not seem like a big milestone to some people. However, the day that I see the world clearly for the first time seems like a rather large milestone to me. In case you didn't know, I am very excited.

I'll post a picture of me in my awesome glasses as soon as I get them. Hopefully. In the meantime, here is a picture of me (glasses-less) with two very awesome people.

I think that that's about it. Have a good week, peoples.

Love, Elise
xoxo


No comments: