Saturday, July 26, 2008

For want of a more awesome awesome title, "My Holidays."

Good morning Starshine, the Earth says, "Hello!"

Thank you, Mr Depp.

I have decided to begin a different way every time. I'm going to try, anyway...we may end up with "Hello [insert random name/word here]" in the end. I have a better idea. I'm going to use greetings from movies. Anyone got any good ones I can use?

I want to tell you about the holidays.

I mostly worked on assignments. English, Art, Vocational Studies, Info Processing and Publishing. When I wasn't doing that, I was chatting on IRC, taking photos or baking. The exceptions are as follows...

The second Sunday was pretty awesome. (I like my church. It's not pretentious or flashy and the people are genuinely loving, but they're not robots. They're real people. YAY!!) After church I had fashion parade rehearsals, and I finally saw what I'll be wearing. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what that is as it is going to be a surprise. I can tell you, however, that it is going to be very cool.

So, I went to the Brickworks with my family. It was a real
brickworks more than 25 years ago but they converted it into a market. They use
the giant kiln as one of the stall buildings. The kiln is heritage listed and
is awesome to look at. The whole top level of the kiln is a poster shop with
mounted posters from movies, records, live shows, books, plus a whole
lot more. I found an awesome Beatles poster there. George Harrison was awesome, and is my
favourite Beatle. Did you know that Australia went the craziest when
they came here? Absolute hysteria. But anyway, I want that poster for
my birthday and let my parents know as much. I honestly don't really
care what I get for my birthday. As long as it's not much, I'm good. I
don't have a lot of space to keep stuff and I hate having to go through
it all the time to throw things away.

I digress. Apologies. I had never noticed one particular shop there, and I'm
extremely surprised that I hadn't (as I have a terrible sweet tooth).
There is and old (compared to me) lolly shop there. It's very cute. It has all the
usual things like boiled lollies, chocolates, fudge and toffees, but it also has
a tonne of imported confectionery: Reese's pieces, Yorkie Bars,
Hershey's, I could go on forever. I had some macdamia fudge. All round, it was a great day.

The Friday of that same week, I went formal dress shopping with mum. I found quite a few that I liked, but didn't buy one. I'm waiting out for the perfect one. I think we went to about six different shops. I'm looking for something a little more neutral-toned, and not to skin-flashy. So elegant and complimentary to me, without being slutty.

On my last official day of holidays, I had my first class in Exhibition design which was awesome. I seriously can't wait to get into it. It's pretty much about implementing design principles in the creation of an exhibition booth or area. I am really excited! I was very proud of myself for my getting-off-at-the-right-stop skills. It was beautiful (but freezing) on the way there. the O-Bahn goes past a reservoir, which that morning was really still and reflective. The grass was white with frost and there were puddles on the streets from a light rainfall the night before.

That's about it, really.

Now, to finish my English assignments.

Take care,

<3 Elise
xoxo

7 comments:

Wonderboy™ said...

I always love how upbeat and random your blog entries are...

Tyler said...

That was awesome.

Wanna be friends?

Tyler said...

Awesomeeee.

Do you have a myspace or at least a picture? I swear I'm not some creepy stalker guy. :)

Nibras Reeza said...

good blog leesykate...

great....

keep it up 7 good luck....

Nibras Reeza said...

btw,
it's The Phoenix

The Phoenix said...

cooooooooooollllll....................

haahaahaha, seems you are having a nice life...

Conspirator45 said...

MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS = GODS = MODS