Sunday, October 5, 2008

And she return-eth.

Ello, Poppet. (Guess the movie. It's really not that hard.)

Well I hope you've all been well in my blogging and general internet absence. I have been busy. Very busy. Incredibly busy. Flat out like a lizard drinking, in fact. "With what?" I hear you say. well, let me shed some light on the matter. Also I will tell you about some things that have been running through my mind lately.

Year 12
Yes, I am almost finished my final year of secondary schooling. I have roughly 22,000 words to write within the next 3 weeks. Should be interesting. What am I going to do when I finish? Sleep. Then, I will work on a few things to keep my brain active, i.e. the Teen Linux Community Logo. I know how it's going to look, it's just a matter of doing it.

I think that this year is finally taking its toll on me. I have enjoyed every moment of every experience and made the most of every opportunity. Physically and mentally, I have had enough. However, in reflection, I know that no matter how much of an emotional rollercoaster that it has been, I would do it all again. The highlights outshine the bad parts like you would not believe. I have felt the fatigue of a week with little sleep, the relief after handing in a large assignment, the joy of getting a good mark and the pain and tears when I felt defeated. I have laughed and cried; I have been challenged and stretched in every area of my life; I leave year 12 a better, stronger person than when I started. Corny as it sounds, it's the truth.

This year I have developed closer relationships with my peers, and gained a deeper understanding of the importance of friendship. I would not have made it through this year without them. Though I may have been less distracted at times, without these amazing, interesting people who understand the pressure and understand me, I would have quit.

Now, about my class...I love them all, every single one. They mean a lot to me and I will never forget them. Though I may not see some ever again, they've all had a massive impact on me. They've taught me to be more analytical, to lighten up, when to stop, when to keep going, when to run and when to stand up for myself. They are all inspiring and amazing; to have made it this far is a feat in itself. We will all go our separate ways...but I hope that each of them will do something awesome, they have the potential. I will miss them.

Providence Conference '08
Wow. Providence was AMAZING. Seriously. Every single drop of sweat and every single tear that fell for the conference was worth it. It was a life changing (or should I say repairing?) experience and I will never ever forget it.

So much has happened and is happening in not only my life but in the lives of others because of Providence. People are realising and pursuing their dreams. God is healing people of sicknesses, injuries, diseases, broken-heartedness, and releasing people from being bound up by harmful and untrue words.

I have grown a lot as a person from being involved with the fashion parade (I was in the Japanese section and the Seasons section). When I arrived at the first practice, I was disheartened and uncharacteristically pessimistic. even worse: my sense of humour was fading! Tragedy. Anyhow, I had been that way for a while. Gradually, I have become myself again, and I thank God everyday for that. I have made so many new friends and have had a lot of fun; I also feel loved and important and appreciated. I have absolutely loved spending time with like-minded people and with people that I look up to. I feel welcome, loved and accepted whenever I go there.

I hope that I can continue to be involved in Providence next year. It means a lot to me; I love the girls that go. I want to see more getting set free and realising their own potential and the amazing things that God has planned for them!!

Misc.
I'm finally following God's plan for my life and unashamedly so. He's all I need; I don't need to pine after "Prince Charming," as a friend of mine put it earlier today. this Price Charming, he's out there... I'm just going to have to wait for him. I don't mind, well, not much. He's going to be awesome and worth the wait. He's going to love me and talk to me and treat me the way that I should be treated, and I am going to love and respect him. Like I said, I'm not going searching for him, God's going to bring him and I together. And it will be beautiful. I don't care how long I have to wait. My God is my portion and all that I need. That's what prince charming will be like, too. It's hard to say that, but I know it and I feel it and I believe it.

It's kind of tough being a PK. I wouldn't change who I am for anything though: I'm glad I am who I am and that I am where I am. I love my family and my friends.

I got my formal dress for Year 12 Formal! I still have no date but that doesn't bother me. Well, I would be nice to have a date, I won't deny it. But it's not the end of the world. Anyway, my dress. I have pictures of it, but I won't be posting any until after the actual formal. I will say that it is Daffodil or Canary yellow (they're the same in my book) and it's floor-length. I am so EXCITED!!

My little sister watches too much Sailor Moon. She also called me a n00b the other day. Despite these facts, I still love her.

I TURNED 18!!!!! No, I did not go out and get drunk. My liver and I get along too well for me to do that to the poor thing. I had an awesome day, though. I got a new top to wear at my party (which is this Sunday afternoon) and a TV tuner for my Eee. In the evening, I went to the opening of Providence which was brilliant.

That's pretty much it for now. I have a lot of work to do and a short amount of time in which to do it...

Lots of love,
Elise
xoxo

3 comments:

wert613 said...

Nice long post ^_^

Anonymous said...

As wert-nnn said, aye, nice long enjoyable rambling post.

But never mind that... Happy (post) birthday !

What is a lot more important (than being allowed to vote ? might be debatable...) is your situation in life. Without knowing many details, my summary "sounds quite good" sounds nice :-)

cheers
--fz

Sean said...

Finally got around to reading this. Wow. Quite a lot on your plate.

I totally know how you're feeling about the date thing though. Being alone = sucks. At least you've recognized that there IS someone out there. Which is good enough.